The HT-5R has always been a top seller for Blackstar. At five watts, it’s the quintessential low-watt practice amp. And the MkII version ups the ante with revoiced channels and a plethora of player-friendly features borrowed from its higher-watt brethren. The HT-5R MkII’s upgraded clean channel epitomizes the modern boutique tone, while its drive channel serves up a muscular array of distorted textures. And thanks to Blackstar’s patented Infinite Shape Feature, you can dial in everything from inspiring British edge-of-breakup grit to tight and punchy American high gain. You also get an onboard reverb, speaker-emulated output, USB output, effects loop, and more. The HT-5R MkII is an excellent all-rounder for your practice space or studio — it delivers premium tube tone no matter what situation you use it in.
Revoiced channels for top-tier tone
When Blackstar hit the drawing board for their HT-5R MkII, not only did they reference their own amps’ popular tones, but they also wanted to match or beat the tones of electric guitar amplifiers costing up to five times more. Take it from the guitarists at Sweetwater: They nailed it. The clean channel has a clarity and note definition that is rare on amps in the MkII’s price range — especially at five watts. Move over to the gain channel, and you’ll take note of how great the sound is throughout the whole range of overdrive. The original HT-5R was an incredibly popular amp. With the MkII, Blackstar beats it.
Patented Infinite Shape Feature
The Blackstar HT-5R MkII is packed with a massive variety of tube tones by virtue of Blackstar’s Infinite Shape Feature (ISF). This exclusive feature shifts the EQ curves of the amplifier’s Bass, Middle, and Treble controls. When turned fully counterclockwise, you’ll lend an American characteristic to your voice with a tight bottom end and aggressive middle. Turned all the way to the right, you’ll enjoy more of a British vibe. Beyond that, four different operating modes can be accessed via a pair of Voice switches, unleashing both vintage and modern voicings for each channel.
Loaded with player-friendly additions
The tone of the HT-5R MkII is well worth the price of admission. But Blackstar knows what players want. And they loaded this already great-sounding all-tube combo with enough features to ensure that it quickly becomes your go-to amp. The revoiced reverb offers more depth and detail than ever before. Nailing cranked tones at appropriate volume levels is easy thanks to the onboard power reduction circuit. Beyond that, the emulated line-out and USB audio output will make you your sound engineer’s best friend.
Blackstar HT-5R MkII Tube Combo Amp Features:
- 5-watt all-tube 1 x 12" guitar combo amplifier
- 2 footswitchable channels with voicing switches deliver tonal flexibility
- Coax sparkling highs and lucid lows from the boutique-style clean channel
- Overdrive channel supplies enough gain for blues, classic rock, hard rock, and metal
- Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) dials in everything from American to British high-gain tones
- Power reduction circuit takes your wattage down to a bedroom-friendly 0.5 watts
- Speaker-emulated output with 1 x 12 and 4 x 12 options for recording or running straight to a PA
- Digital reverb adds dimension to your playing without washing it out
- Effects loop with Level switch makes integrating your pedalboard and other effects easy
- USB audio output makes recording easy
- MP3/line-in for jamming along to your favorite music
- 2-way footswitch included