The HT-5RH has always been a top seller for Blackstar. At five watts, it’s the quintessential low-watt practice amp. And the MkII version ups the ante with revoiced channels and a plethora of player-friendly features borrowed from its higher-watt brethren. The HT-5RH MkII’s upgraded clean channel epitomizes the modern boutique tone, while its drive channel serves up a muscular array of distorted textures. And thanks to Blackstar’s patented Infinite Shape Feature, you can dial in everything from inspiring British edge-of-breakup grit to tight and punchy American high gain. You also get an onboard reverb, speaker-emulated output, USB output, effects loop, and more. The HT-5RH MkII is an excellent all-rounder for your practice space or studio — it delivers premium tube tone no matter what situation you use it in.
Patented Infinite Shape Feature
The Blackstar HT-5RH MkII is packed with a massive variety of tube tone, by virtue of Blackstar’s Infinite Shape Feature (ISF). This exclusive feature shifts the EQ curves of the amplifier’s Bass, Middle, and Treble controls. When turned fully counterclockwise, you’ll lend an American characteristic to your voice with a tight bottom end and aggressive middle. Turned all the way to the right, you’ll enjoy more of a British vibe. Beyond that, four different operating modes can be accessed via a pair of Voice switches, unleashing both vintage and modern voicings for each channel.
Loaded with player-friendly additions
The tone of the HT-5RH MkII is well worth the price of admission. But Blackstar knows what players want. And they loaded this already great-sounding all-tube head with enough features to ensure that it quickly becomes your go-to amp. The revoiced reverb offers more depth and detail than ever before. Nailing cranked tones at appropriate volume levels is easy thanks to the onboard power reduction circuit. Beyond that, the emulated line-out and USB audio output will make you your sound engineer’s best friend.
Blackstar HT-5RH MkII 5-watt Tube Head Features:
- 5-watt all-tube guitar amp head
- 2 footswitchable channels with voicing switches deliver tonal flexibility
- Coax sparkling highs and lucid lows from the boutique-style clean channel
- Overdrive channel supplies enough gain for blues, classic rock, hard rock, and metal
- Infinite Shape Feature (ISF) dials in everything from American to British high-gain tones
- Power reduction circuit takes your wattage down to a bedroom-friendly 2 watts
- Speaker-emulated output with 1 x 12 and 4 x 12 options for recording or running straight to a PA
- Digital reverb adds dimension to your playing without washing it out
- Effects loop with Loop Level switch makes integrating your pedalboard and other effects easy
- USB audio output makes recording easy
- MP3/Line In for jamming along to your favorite music
- 2-way footswitch included