Bass Station II is an analogue mono-synth based on the classic original Bass Station but re-worked for the 21st century. It has two filters, two oscillators plus a third sub-oscillator, patch save and a fully analog effects section. Add a step sequencer, arpeggiator, full sized keys and a powerful modulation section and you have the makings of a synth that is built for bass, but capable of so much more.
What is it?
Bass Station II is an analog mono-synth with a talent for bass, but a sound-engine that is versatile enough to kick out sharp leads and crisp arpeggios. It brings the best elements of the original Bass Station into a brand new design with re-worked modulation, effects, filters and more; like the Bass Station, but a much much bigger sound. The signal path is pure analog - including the effects section. The hardware has been laid out in modules with dedicated pots, switches, sliders and buttons for all major parameters. Critically, you can store and recall patches on Bass Station II. It comes with 64 killer factory presets, space for 64 of your own sounds on the hardware, and you can store more on your computer.
The key-mech consists of 25 full sized keys that are velocity sensitive with assignable aftertouch. It has been developed as a synth-action keyboard, where each key is individually sprung so it is light to the touch and highly responsive to the synth engine. Bass Station II is a fully class compliant MIDI device with MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports for connecting to other MIDI outboard and with your computer over USB. You can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II's analog filter and effects.
Bass Station II Producer Series Vol.1 Soundpack
A collection of unique analogue sound patches created for Novation by world class synth producers from our eclectic artist and producer community. Whether youre creating dance, funk, electronica, indie, pop or something totally experimental, these 46 Patches will add true analogue depth to your music. You will need to download and install the librarian to import the patches.
Analogue synth: brand new version of the classic Bass Station
Bass Station II has a pure analogue audio signal path, reviving the spirit of the original Bass Station with an all-new design optimised for bass.
Two distinct analogue filters
A brand new Acid filter joins the Classic original Bass Station filter -(Classic switches between low, hi and band pass with 12 and 24dB slopes).
Load and save patches
Bass Station II ships with 64 factory patches and a further 64 user slots. Patch dump enables you to archive and swap sounds.
Pattern-based Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator
Bass Station II has an arpeggiator with a programmable step sequencer that enables you to store and call up patterns and quickly sketch-out ideas.
Dedicated Tweakable Controls
Analogue synth layout includes dedicated controls for all major parameters enabling instant hands-on control of the sound engine.
Two Oscillators plus an additional Sub Oscillator
Bass Station II has two sync-able, tune-able oscillators with four selectable waveforms, plus a third sub-oscillator for generating enormous bass sounds.
Analogue effects section
Bass Station II includes fully analogue distortion and filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive to add an aggressive, crunchy sound-quality.
Flexible modulation featuring 2 Envelopes and 2 LFOs
LFO waveforms include triangle, sawtooth, square and sample & hold. Two ADSR envelopes are available for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
MIDI I/O and USB connectivity
Bass Station II can be connected to your music software as well as your MIDI compatible hardware.
Players 'synth-action' keyboard with aftertouch
The keyboard mechanism is a two-octave (25 note) velocity sensitive synth-action keyboard with full-size keys and assignable aftertouch.
• Osc 1
• Osc 2
• Sub Osc (3)
• Noise generator
Osc 1 & 2
Select between waveforms:
• square/variable pulse width
• Sync 1 & 2
• Octave range
• Pitch bend
• Pitch modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 1
• Pulse width modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 2
Sub Osc (3) which is tracked to Osc 1
Select independently between waveforms:
• Narrow pulse
• All modulation and tuning tracked to Osc 1
• Independent octave select
• Osc 1 level
• Osc 2 level
• Sub Osc level
• Noise generator level
• Ring modulation depth
• External signal level
Two filter types:
• Acid type (diode ladder filter design)
• Classic type (derived from original Bass Station)
• Filter frequency to Mod Envelope depth
• Filter frequency to LFO 2 depth
Select 'Classic' filter between:
• Low pass
• Band pass
• High pass
• 12dB slope
• 24dB slope
Two ADSR Envelopes (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release):
• Amp Envelope
• Mod Envelope
• Combined control of both Envelopes
Select triggering mode between:
• Single trigger (holds envelope state when new note is played)
• Multi trigger (re-triggers with every new note played)
• Autoglide (engages portamento)
• There is also a VCA limiter
Two LFOs each selectable between:
• Sample and hold
• Both LFOs independently adjustable between rate and delay time
• Key sync LFO 1 & 2
• LFO slew on LFO 1& 2 (low pass filter on the LFO waveform)
• Distortion send
• Oscillator filter mod amount (FM effect created by Oscillator 2 modulating filter freq)
• Up to 32 different patterns
• Select between 1-4 octave range
• Swing function
• up / down 1
• up / down 2
• As played
• Latch (hold the arpeggiator)
Inputs and Outputs
• USB MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
• Mono output on 1/4" TRS jack
• Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
• External input on 1/4" TRS jack
• Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TS jack
• MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
• DC power input
• Switch between power off / DC powered / bus powered
• 18" wide x 10.75" deep x 3" tall
25 Key Analog Mono Synthesizer
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Register